Sunday 7 November 2010

Swan Lake ballet by the Mariinsky theatre



I have seen many versions of Swan Lake but it took this particular rendering of the ballet piece for me to embrace the ballet with fervour!!! It features the Mariinsky theatre company and stars
Ulyana Lopatkina & Danila Korsuntsev.

Someone has been nice enough to post this on Youtube, I've been tracking it down intermittently over the past year and low and behold, I recently discovered my beloved Swan Lake, here you go:

Please watch, if you don't like ballet, then maybe this particular scene will convert you.
The scene is the Spanish Dance, then look out for the Hungarian Dance a little way into the footage. They have beautiful posture and flow in perfect correspondence with the music. I often ask myself why we find motion and musical flow so captivating, why does the resonance grip us this way, cognitively speaking?

The Spanish Dance starts @ 1.44 minutes in.
The Hungarian Dance starts @ 5.55 minutes in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtHl9haujkQ

No comments:

Post a Comment