Monday 8 November 2010

Extract from Notebook on one of those 'knotty days'




This particular knotty day was a few months ago, late spring.
I was watching Newsnight Review or what is now called 'The Review show', it was about what was the point of the novel? That set me off in a direction of what is the point of architecture? Anyways, these abstract notes are what I have to show for it.
Admittedly, I don't fully understand all my notes now. It's one of those situations where the state of mind can never be fully recaptured, like re-reading a poem that made you euphoric on one day because of the clarity of vision it gave you, then re-reading it another day and not quite understanding why it made you feel that way. So all you have remaining is the 'memory of the euphoria and not the europhia itself'. (I think that's clear ummmm?)

No comments:

Post a Comment